Friday, April 25, 2008

It's senior time!

So here I am at the end of yet another year of college. I am FINALLY a SENIOR! It’s such a gratifying and terrifying feeling all at once. I mean on one hand I can look back and see the three years I’ve spent pouring over books, typing endless papers, and counting down the seconds until class ends and I can go get lunch in the oh-so-lovely dining hall. On the other hand I look forward and see my future. One that consists of a real job, new faces and places, and *gasp* law school. So while I can’t wait to step out from under the wings of Champlain College, it’s a long hard fall down unless I learn to fly pretty quickly.

I tried to start packing my room today to absolutely no avail. I even set goals of merely taking out the trash and recycling and calling it quits until tomorrow. So what did I end up doing? Taking a two hour nap of course! I’ve never been one to hesitate to close a chapter in my life but I just can’t bring myself to pack it all up again for some reason. Maybe it’s because this is the first time I’ve ever lived by myself and I feel some sort of connection to this room – like it’s MINE. I mean I know it becomes someone else’s room every year, but I didn’t have to share this one. Before I came to college I had to pack up the bedroom I’d lived in for three years knowing that I was never coming back to it since my family was in the process of moving across the country. And although I’m only moving a block down the street, I know that I’m never coming back to my room. Call it crazy if you want to, but in college sometimes it’s just the little things in your life that start to gather so much significance.

Here’s to tomorrow!

0 comments: