Sunday, April 6, 2008

Well Hello Again

Song of the Day: “Love Song” – Sarah Bareilles

So I realized I haven’t written in here in a while, and let me tell you, a lot of life has happened since the last entry! Before we left school for Christmas break there was a gingerbread house making event which my Harrington Terrace girls and I went to – very exciting of course! We created some masterpieces.


Well… Elizabeth had an accident with her gingerbread house and created Candy Mountain instead. I think it turned out beautifully anyway. If you don’t know what Candy Mountain is… you should probably go watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPONTneuaF4

Anyway, I got hired at the Ground Round as a waitress in January and I’ve been working there ever since. I decided shortly thereafter that I wanted to go on a road trip for spring break and started saving up some cash! My friend Meli and I drove all the down to Atlanta to look at some law schools on the East Coast. We stopped in DC for a few nights and I fell in love with George Washington (the school that is). In Atlanta we stayed with Andrea, but I didn’t get to see the family that much. We spent a lot of time in the city looking at schools and whatnot. On our first full day there Andrea took us out to lunch at this little local home-cooking style restaurant. One of my favorite things about the south – the food!! I had fried chicken, sweet potato casserole, fried okra, some sweet rolls and sweet tea. It was absolutely amazing. That afternoon Meli and I went into Atlanta and visited the Wonderful World of Coca-Cola where we got a grand tour and I bought a sweet retro Mr. Pibb hat. For dinner we went to the Sun Dial Restaurant which was super classy and 73 stories above the city!

The semester is ending soon. These next couple of weeks are going to be ridiculously intense though as far as homework and projects are concerned. I just finished up a couple of big projects, but I’m still working on a “Whodunnit” case in Forensic Science. The one that’s really kicking my butt is my 12 page research paper on Kurdistan for World Civ. II.


I’ve got about half of it done – but for some reason I just can’t bring myself to bury myself in those books again. I decided that my homework was making me crazy and I needed to let loose and have a little fun in my life…


Haha, actually that’s a picture from about 4:00 in the morning. I was reenacting the scene from the Notebook, except then I realized that when they did it, cars were a new thing and didn’t go nearly as fast as they do today. So I was in the road for about .2 seconds while Elizabeth snapped the picture and then we frolicked away.

And this, my friends is what I will leave you with – Plans for Summer 2008:
I was hired as an intern by a law firm here in Burlington, so I will be staying here and living with some of my guy friends. Should be a wild and crazy season so I will be sure to keep you updated!

0 comments: