Sunday, July 6, 2008

Strapless sundress, kickin' back, no stress...

So this weekend was so great! Happy belated birthday America! Thursday night I went down to the Waterfront here in Burlington to watch the fireworks display. I kept proclaiming every few fireworks that "these are my FAVORITE kind!"


After the fireworks I got to see some friends that were up in town visiting for the weekend, two of which I haven't seen in about a year! It was so nice to catch up! On Friday the girls and I went out for brunch at Libby's Diner in Winooski and caused a scene laughing a little too loud and just being us. Later we cruised around the Greater Burlington Area being ridiculous, as we are prone to do. When we drove through downtown we happened to be playing our favorite sing-a-long songs, and it was hot, so clearly the windows were down. You can guess the rest. Church Street pedestrians heard what I'm sure was the BEST rendition of Brad Paisley's "Alcohol" they have ever heard in their lives. If you haven't heard it, click here to see the music video on YouTube so that you may understand the absurdity that IS our lives:

I'm getting so excited to head out to Dublin at the end of NEXT MONTH! I can't believe how fast it's coming up! I downloaded some Dropkick Murphy's songs today so that whenever I get excited about Dublin I can put them on and get even more pumped up! THIS is the video of my favorite song - You've probably heard it before, it's on the Departed soundtrack!

Here are some pictures of the room I'm living in this summer and Al's new kitten! His name is Barf Rocket. No, I'm not kidding. That's what it says on his tag. I can't bring myself to call him that because he's just so adorable. And since I'm the one who spends the most time with him around the apartment, I'm sure he thinks his name is simply "Kitty".



Kitty! I went and hunted down this toy that was hiding out in the living room that we had for the old cats. Kitty kept knocking all of my things off of my shelves and I decided he needed a less destructive play thing. Isn't he adorable?

He liked to play with tassels on the blanket I had hung as a bed skirt... When he finally ripped a thread and caused a big strain in the material I got mad and tucked it up under the mattress. What a rambunctious guy!

Plant holder - Free. Penelope the Plant - $8. I am awesome at decorating my college student room.

This little piece of happiness in my room cost me a grand total of about $3... candle not included.



My Room! That's old packing tape all over the wall from the previous subletter who thought that was the most genius way to hang posters. I used scotch tape... which I realize is bad for the paint, but at least it doesn't stay stuck on the wall!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the pictures of your apartment...kitty is adorable. Do you need anything for Dublin?