Friday, October 10, 2008

In the news today:

1. New York messes up absentee ballots and put "Barack OSAMA" on them. Really, people? Really? I'm sorry but 'S' is nowhere near 'B' on the keyboard and I think we've heard the name Obama enough at this point not to make this error. Typist needs to be fired for being a pig-headed fool.

2. Connecticut becomes the third state to legalize gay marriage. Woo hoo! Of course, in standard political mumbo-jumbo (i.e. 'keep everyone happy' speak) the governor said "I do not believe their voice reflects the majority of the people of Connecticut." Of course.

3. Palin's ethics are under question in a closed-door hearing. I knew her neat little hockey mom act couldn't keep up forever. This is what really gets under my skin about dirty politics: Do they NOT understand that it is going to come out one way or another? Or do they think it's like homicide and cancer - "it can't happen to ME!"? Because honestly, the media is going to catch wind of whatever it is you're doing, especially when you accept the nomination for Vice President. I guess we'll see what the Alaskan law-makers decide.

0 comments: