Thursday, January 22, 2009

No Internet in the Apartment

Sorry I've been so lousy about updating recently. I've finally made it home to Burlington again and gotten all settled into my new apartment! Woo hoo! Unfortunately, we don't have internet hooked up so I am unable to get on here as frequently as I would like. This also means no pictures, but in the meantime I can fill you in on what I've been doing in the new year.

I've begun my first semester as a senior! I've gotten back into my paralegal courses, which I missed tremendously while I was in Dublin. They're going to be a lot of work, but that's what they always have been. I am also working for the Director of Champlain Abroad in the study abroad office. Basically I help recruit students to the Montreal and Dublin campuses, I attend planning sessions, study abroad fairs, and coming up on the 8th of February I'm obliged to go on the free bus trip to Montreal for the day. Darn! Haha, no I am super excited for it! I'm getting really excited for the day trip actually because I've recently begun considering another semester abroad in the fall in Montreal. Of course, it would depend on a lot of things financially right now, but as far as my course load is concerned I would still be on track for a December graduation! We'll see how everything turns out.

In other news I've landed (sort of) an internship with a family law and personal injury litigation firm downtown. I haven't started yet, but hopefully I will soon. It's unpaid, but I'm receiving classroom credit for it. My work here in the abroad office is also unpaid (sort of) but I'm receiving a $500 scholarship towards my tuition so that's helpful.

I'm still looking for a job to fill my time (and my pockets) on the weekends. There's a new brick oven pizza place opening in Williston that I walked into today and chatted with the owner. I'd like to find something a little sooner, but if push comes to shove I could wait out the opening.

Josh comes home in two weeks! It feels like it's been forever since I said goodbye to him doesn't it? I am SO excited :)

Anyway, off to my public speaking class! Will promise to keep you updated and *hopefully* will post some new pictures soon.

Cheers!

0 comments: