Thursday, January 8, 2009

A reflection on 2008

My cousin Andrea made a quick list in her blog of all the fun things she took her family to do over the past year and as I read it I wondered what my 2008 would look like in a paragraph. So here it is:

I…
Made a gingerbread house, waited tables, visited Washington DC, road tripped down the east coast, visited Atlanta (and Andrea!), took a forensic science course, went ice skating, worked as a legal intern for a real estate firm, went to the Coca-Cola factory, moved into my first apartment, read book in a hammock on the front deck, went to a giant bonfire with great friends, became a senior in college, cut seven inches of my hair off, learned how to cook, watched fireworks while laying at the waterfront, cared for a little orange kitten, bought my first house plant, went to a country music festival alone in the pouring down rain, went to the drive ins for the first time, ate soft serve ice cream at the beach, met my amazing boyfriend, attended multiple Lake Monsters baseball games, turned 21, moved to Dublin for four months, went on a musical pub crawl, went to the zoo, visited a 17th century prison, visited Ireland’s west coast in Galway, sat on the edge of the Cliffs of Moher, walked through ancient castles, visited the Guinness factory, learned how to take the train, bet money on greyhound races, voted in the presidential election via absentee ballot, went to Scotland for a weekend, visited my cousin when she came to Dublin, attended a catered event for the Vermont Senator at my campus, attended a party for the Senator at the United States Embassy to Ireland, visited Northern Ireland, wrote my name on the Belfast Peace Wall, stood inside a UK red phone booth, went to a Death Cab for Cutie concert in Paris, visited the Louvre and Notre Dame, got hustled in Milan, hiked the Bell Tower in Florence and saw the real Statue of David by Michelangelo, walked through the Coliseum in Rome, took my first 8.5 hour flight across the Atlantic (the first one was ‘only’ 6.5), and visited a giant snowman in Alaska

Can’t wait to see what 2009 will bring!

1 comments:

Andrea said...

WOW! What a list! (Want to trade?)

Miss you.