Saturday, August 8, 2009

Shadow Lake Getaway

As promised, here are the photos from our adventure to the summer cottage on Shadow Lake! Derek and I woke up at the crack of noon on Wednesday and packed the truck with our few belongings for the trip. The drive didn’t seem very long, but the lake is a solid hour and a half away. Once we arrived we began to get settled in and since I haven’t been able to take photographs in quite some time I took great pleasure in walking around the yard in my bare feet to capture the view.







Before nighttime settled in Derek and I decided to take a stroll around the lake and check out the other summer camps. We walked down and stuck our toes in the lake but decided it was most definitely too cold to swim in!



Once we finished our walk we grabbed a couple cans of soda and sat on the edge of the dock as the sun began to set.







As dinnertime neared we decided to take a ride up to the local general store to see what it had to offer. Derek decided he wanted to make us bacon wrapped scallops and steamed mixed veggies and I was in no position to turn down being cooked for! We played a few rounds of rummy while we waited for dinner to finish cooking and even opened up a jigsaw puzzle of a French café after dinner. I wish I could relax that way and be disconnected from the internet, cell phone, TV craze ALL the time!



I had a wonderful time taking a break from the hustle and bustle of everyday life and am so grateful he asked me to accompany him! It’s too bad summer is nearing its end because I would love to go back and visit again, but I suppose there’s always next summer!

0 comments: